Thank you for considering one of our exceptional Florida rental homes. As a management company we represent hundreds of property owners, most of who live out of state and have entrusted us to manage their property for them.
Below is a checklist of all the items Legends Realty needs in order to submit your application(s) for approval. Please provide the following so we can better assist you with your rental needs.
1. All applicants 18 or older must complete online application and pay $60.00 Application Fee
2. Applicants must Read and Accept Terms of Agreement, Lease & Residential Selection Criteria Before Submitting Application. Sample Lease is provided on www.CentralFLRentals.com under Tenant. Click Tenant Resource and view Sample Lease.
3. Please attach Copy of ID/Driver’s License for everyone that applies
4. Please attach income supporting documents for everyone that applies (paystubs, bank statements, tax returns, etc.)
5. If applicable, please attach required supporting documents: Pet Application, Pet Photo and Veterinary Records
6. Please submit Check or Credit Card Form for Good Faith Deposit (amount of rent), must be delivered to our office
7. Please keep in mind we can only hold a property for two weeks from its availability date.
Please be aware if the home your are applying for requires an approval through their home owners association their may be an additional application that must be completed with the HOA.
We DO NOT rent our homes sight unseen, you or someone you appoint must preview home before applying.
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA AND EXPLANATION OF CHARGES:
1. Your application will NOT be processed without the correct funds and all documents attached
2. All adult applicants over the age of 18 including and limited to guarantor(s) must submit a fully completed, dated and signed rental application along with the non-refundable application fee of $60.00 for each adult applicant.
Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit. Approval by the homeowners or condo association is a necessary prerequisite to our approval of your application.
Application fees, deposits, and all move-in fees must be remitted by online payment. (CASH NOT ACCEPTED).
3. Valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, social security card, military ID or State ID) is required.
4. Six (6) months or more of verifiable work history required and if transferred from outside the area, a letter of transfer on company letterhead required confirming transfer.
5. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. Income must be verified in writing, applicant must provide the past two (2) months of consecutive pay stubs and company business card of employment. We reserve the right to require a co signer.
6. Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 3 years. In the case of bankruptcy, the court must release this.
7. Non-employed individuals must provide proof of income. Self-employed applicants are required to produce upon request 2 years of signed tax returns or 1099s and three (3) months bank statements.
8. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit. This includes Disability Assistance.
9. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination. A minimum of two years residential history is required.
10. No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of Management in the lease document (an addendum to lease), a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord. In addition some or all of the following could be charged: an additional pet deposit, additional security deposit, additional monthly fees and/or pet inspection fees. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets. A pet application and supporting documents are required for all pets.
The following pets will not be accepted under any circumstances, GERMAN SHEPERDS, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS (STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIERS), CHOWS, ROTTWEILERS, SIBERIAN HUSKIES, AKITAS, MALAMUTES, PRESA CANARIOS AND WOLF-HYBRIDS.
11. A Non-Refundable Lease Preparation Fee: There will be a one-time Lease Preparation Fee of $100.00 charged and it will need to be paid at the time of your lease signing.
12. Utility & Maintenance Reduction Program: There is a monthly Utility & Maintenance Reduction Program Fee of $15.00 to have HVAC filters delivered to their home approximately every 60 days under the Utility & Maintenance Reduction Program. Resident shall properly install the filter that is provided within two (2) days of receipt. Resident hereby acknowledges that the filters will be dated and subject to inspection by Landlord upon reasonable notice to verify replacement has been timely made. If at any time Resident is unable to properly or timely install a filter Resident shall immediately notify Landlord in writing. Resident’s failure to properly and timely replace the filters is a material breach of this agreement and Landlord shall be entitled to exercise all rights and remedies it has against Resident and Resident shall be liable to Landlord for all damages to the property, A/C or heating system caused by Resident's neglect or misuse. This Utility & Maintenance Reduction Program will be charged as additional rent.
13. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
14. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
15. Upon Approval: The applicant(s) will be notified by phone, email or both. Once your application has been approved, you will have 24 hours to submit the required Security Deposit to secure the property. Once the Security Deposit have been received, you will have 24 hours to sign the lease once it has been sent to take the property off the market. If the lease is not signed within the allotted time Legends Realty reserves the right to process the next application received or consider any other approved applications.
In the event the application is approved, security deposit shall be applied as follows with (1) exception, on all properties over the monthly rental amount of $800.00 the security deposit is disbursed as follows:
A. $50.00 will be applied to filming of the property and $50.00 will be applied to administrative fees. Both fees are non-refundable.
B. Balance will become tenant(s) security deposit.
16. Lead based paint disclosure has been given if the property was built prior to January 1, 1978. This warns of the possibility of lead based paint.
17. Short Term Lease: In the event you are requesting to enter into a Short Term Lease (less than one year), you will be charged a Short Term Rental Fee of $750.00. In the event you are to enter into a one- year lease and require early termination of your lease, we will assist you in finding a new tenant. You will be charged a onetime secure tenant fee of $750.00, plus all advertising costs involved in marketing the property and the full rent until the property has been re-rented. All terms and conditions of your lease during this period will still apply.
18. Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing along with a completed application packet for presentation to the landlord for consideration. Applicant(s) acknowledge Legends Realty will complete the application process prior to submitting any offers to the owner. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, guarantors, co signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required. All written exception requests must be uploaded to the attachments page during the application submission.
19. Our company policy is to report all non-compliance’s with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and collection agency.
20. Multiple Applications – Applicant acknowledges it is entirely possible that Legends Realty may receive multiple applications from unrelated individual applicants on the same property at approximately the same time. We will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In such cases, more than one applicant may be approvable, however only one will eventually be approved. Because we represent the best interest of the rental property, we will accept the best application, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In order to evaluate the various applications it is necessary for Legends Realty to expend time and cost in credit reports, criminal reports, and other administrative cost. All application fees are Non-refundable. If your application is approvable, but not the approved one for the property for which you are applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have, without payment of an additional application fee.
21. Approved applicants: first month’s rent/ prorated rent and any other fees owed prior to move-in must be paid via the tenants portal on or before 3 business days prior to the day of move in.
Move in Date: 1st-14th prorated rent due prior to move in
Move in Date: 15th-31st prorated rent and next month’s rent due prior to move in
22. Non-Disparagement Clause: You will be required to sign a Mutual Non-Disparagement Clause with your lease. This Clause protects yourself and Legends Realty from disparaging comments, verbally or in writing that could be injurious to business, reputation, property or disparaging comments which are false.