Application Process and Residential Selection Criteria
Thank you for considering one of our exceptional Florida rental homes. As a management company we represent hundreds of property owners, most of who live out of state and have entrusted us to manage their property for them.
Below is a checklist of all the items Legends Realty needs in order to submit your application(s) for approval. Please provide the following so we can better assist you with your rental needs.
- All applicants 18 or older must complete online application and pay $60.00 Application Fee
- Applicants must Read and Accept Terms of Agreement & Residential Selection Criteria Before Submitting Application
- Please attach Copy of ID/Driver’s License for everyone that applies
- Please attach income supporting documents for everyone that applies (paystubs, bank statements, tax returns,etc.)
- If applicable, please attach required supporting documents: Pet Application, Pet Photo and Veterinary Records
- If applicable, we require a $25.00 pet application fee per two pets
- Please submit Check or Credit Card Form for Good Faith Deposit (amount of rent), must be delivered to our office
- Please keep in mind we can only hold a property for two weeks from its availability date.
Please be aware if the home you are applying for requires an approval through their home owner’s association there may be an additional application that must be completed with the HOA.
We DO NOT rent our homes sight unseen, you or someone you appoint must preview home before applying.
Resident Selection Criteria and Explanation of Charges:
- Your application will NOT be processed without the correct funds and all documents attached.
- All adult applicants over the age of 18 including and limited to guarantor(s) must submit a fully completed, dated and signed rental application along with the non-refundable application fee of $60.00 for each adult applicant.
Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit. Approval by the homeowners or condo association is a necessary prerequisite to our approval of your application.
- Application fees, deposits, and all move-in fees must be remitted in the form of money orders or certified funds. (CASH NOT ACCEPTED).
- Valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, social security card, military ID or State ID) is required.
- Six (6) months or more of verifiable work history required and if transferred from outside the area, a letter of transfer on company letterhead required confirming transfer.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. Income must be verified in writing, applicant must provide the past two (2) months of consecutive pay stubs and company business card of employment. We reserve the right to require a co-signer.
- Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 3 years. In the case of bankruptcy, the court must release this.
- Non-employed individuals must provide proof of income. Self-employed applicants are required to produce upon request 2 years of signed tax returns or 1099s and three (3) months bank statements.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit. This includes Disability Assistance.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld" further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination. A minimum of two years residential history is required.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of Management in the lease document (an addendum to lease), a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit, pet rent, or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets. A pet application and supporting documents are required for all pets.
The following pets will not be accepted under any circumstances, GERMAN SHEPERDS, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS (STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIERS), CHOWS, ROTTWEILERS, SIBERIAN HUSKIES, AKITAS, MALAMUTES, PRESA CANARIOS AND WOLF-HYBRIDS.
- A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. It will be used at the end of your lease term to cover any needed cleaning, carpet cleaning and re-keying. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, rekeying, etc. may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re keying etc that exceed this non-refundable property preparation fee or minimum fees.
- We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
- The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
- Good Faith Deposit. We require a good faith deposit in the amount equivalent to one month’s rent to be collected. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit in the amount equivalent to one month’s rent . In the event the application is approved, this good faith deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit with (1) exception, on all properties over the monthly rental amount of $800.00 the good faith deposit is disbursed as follows:
- $50.00 will be applied to filming of the property and $50.00 will be applied to administrative fees. Both fees are non-refundable.
- Balance of good faith deposit will become tenant(s) security
- Upon approval the Good Faith Deposit check will be returned and applicant will need to replace the check with negotiable funds (Cashier’s Check, Money Order, or Credit Card) within one (1) day.
- Lead based paint disclosure has been given if the property was built prior to January 1, 1978. This warns of the possibility of lead based paint.
- Short Term Lease: In the event you are requesting to enter into a Short Term Lease (less than one year), you will be charged a Short Term Rental Fee of $750.00. In the event you are to enter into a one-year lease and require early termination of your lease, we will assist you in finding a new tenant. You will be charged a onetime secure tenant fee of $750.00, plus all advertising costs involved in marketing the property and the full rent until the property has been re-rented. All terms and conditions of your lease during this period will still apply.
- Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance’s with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and collection agency.
- Multiple Applications – Applicant acknowledges it is entirely possible that Legends Realty may receive multiple applications from unrelated individual applicants on the same property at approximately the same time. We will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In such cases, more than one applicant may be approvable, however only one will eventually be approved. Because we represent the best interest of the rental property, we will accept the best application, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In order to evaluate the various applications it is necessary for Legends Realty to expend time and cost in credit reports, criminal reports, and other administrative cost. All application fees are Non-refundable. If your application is approvable, but not the approved one for the property for which you are applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have, without payment of an additional application fee.
- Approved applicants: first month’s rent/ prorated rent and any other fees owed prior to move-in must be paid with negotiable funds (Cashier’s Check, Money Order, or Credit Card) on or before the day of move in.
Move in Date: 1st-14th prorated rent due prior to move in
Move in Date: 15th-31st prorated rent and next month’s rent due prior to move in